Monday, August 20, 2007

My favorite book

Collaborative Quilting is my very favorite quilt book right now. Best of all, it's super cheap - only 13 bucks at Amazon....(see the link on the sidebar in my Hot List!) In fact I loved it so much and it was so cheap that I sent copies to my BIFF (Best Internet Friend Forever LOL) Anna, and my MIL, Carmen, both of whom are expert quilters.

It is jam packed full of colors, ideas, quilts, quilt room pics - because us quilters love to see where other quilters do their stuff, and most of all, inspiration.

It is written by Freddy Moran and Gwen Marston. On the surface they appear to have completely different styles, but they just work so well together, and combine their styles beautifully.

They work long distance, Gwen being in Michigan and Freddy in California. This gave my friend Anna and I great joy, as I am in New Hampshire and she is in Maryland. We have never met, but we quilt together :) We are working on the meeting thing though!

I would recommend this book to every quilter - even if your style is nothing like these ladies, it is a fun and entertaining read, and you gain valuable insight into the design process of two quilting superstars!!

1 comment:

annafogg1 said...

GIRL, YOU ARE THE BEST BIFF I'VE EVER HAD!! AND THAT BOOK IS IN TOP 5 LIST PROBABLY FOREVER. THE 'FIORI' QUILT YOU MADE ME OUGHTA BEEN IN IT 'CAUSE IT SHOWED YOU ARE LIKE-MINDED AND JUST AS GOOD AS THEY ARE!!
LOVE 'YA KIWI-GIRL.
~a