Sunday, November 4, 2007

Happy Belated Halloween!

I have been flat tack since Halloween so thought I would catch up and start with our Halloween pics! We did the usual - kids got dressed up (my Batman son is still wearing his costume - I had to wrestle it off him to wash it!) and my hubby took them out while I got to stay home and hand out candy. It is so nice living in a family neighborhood!

Our decorations are quite tame compared to our neighbors - they go all out - theme music, fog, the works! It was just fantastic. And I promise they're not as scary in real life as they look in these pics!

And here are some photos of me - we had a Halloween party at our church where we did a "Trunk or Treat" and I dressed as someone who'd rather be in bed LOL! I wore my PJ's and rolled my hair in rags - when I took them out the next morning I swore I was back in 1986. Wow what an image! Funny thing was, my hubby went crazy for it - he just loved that it was something other than straight for once. So now I know, I may have to channel the '80's more often!! Well, once a year at Halloween anyway :)

Oh and how could I forget - I carved my first ever Jack O' Lantern! I stuck with a simple generic design - next year I will increase the degree of difficulty - maybe it will get eyelashes or something!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Nice! You all went all out:) The kids look adorable! Glad you had a good Halloween.

Marie Rayner said...

Love the hair! I have enjoyed browsing through your entries here this morning. You do lovely quilts. I used to do a bit of quilting back in Canada but not so much since I have been over here. I don't have the time much these days with work and all. I have a bunch of stocking fronts all made up though that have just been sitting in my box. You have inspired me to get them out and do up two for my grandsons this year!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/