Thursday, April 17, 2008
I'm tagged and Amy Butler fabric
Yes I've been tagged - twice this week - by Wendy and Purple&Paisley. Now I know I did this once before, but I'll do it again and hopefully won't repeat too much :)
And interspersed with my 7 Random or Weird facts about myself, I will put photos of the gorgeous fabrics I received in the mail yesterday from Z&S Fabrics including some of the most gorgeous new line from Amy Butler, Midwest Modern. It is such a good quality cotton - so silky, and the colors are beautiful. I will be getting more of the line, that's for sure! And as usual, Kaffe came through with his to die-for fabric. Z&S has a really good sale on right now - 20% off everything - I think I paid something like $6.15/yard for the Amy Butler. Yes, that's an amazing price. Pick your jaws up off the ground. Their regular prices are great to start with. Even with shipping I still came out ahead.
OK, onto the 7 things...and I'm going to make them all quilt-related!
1) I love fabric with polka dots. You could say I am dotty for dots.
2) I don't like muddy or dull country type fabrics. I just can't force myself to work with them! Sometimes they are fine - but only as a background to a nice bright fabric which will just pop off that dull background!
3) I remember being about 10 years old and all my brothers and sisters were having babies (I am the youngest by 11 years). My Mum made a bunch of quilts and let them choose which one they wanted. I made her put aside my favorite for me - it was a purple puff-quilt made from one of my old dresses. Hey, it was the '80's, OK??!! I asked her a few years ago where it was - she didn't know what I was talking about LOL! Guess I'll never see that purple puff quilt again.
4) I haven't made a quilt from a commercial pattern for about 3 years now - I have so many of my own ideas in this head of mine, and they are all fighting for precious stitching time!
5) I am addicted to quilt blogs. If you have one, chances are I'm subscribed to, and reading it! If I'm not, please let me know!
6) I spend more time reading about quilting than actual quilting. I must remedy that.
7) I have a BIFF - Best Internet Friend Forever who changed the way I look at and design quilts - Anna, that's you!! And we have never met. But we really want to change that this year! We make each others designs - well mainly hers because she is so much more productive than me (and she has 7 kids! Wow!) - and she is going to be famous one day, mark my words!
Now that I have been tagged I am supposed to tag 7 more...so if you feel like being tagged, consider it done ;)See, I told you the Amy Butlers were gorgeous!