Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day goodies

This is my Mum - she's the grumpy looking one on the left!

Yes I know I am late - I missed the Mother's Day bandwagon, but I'm here at last. My hubby is on vacation this week so I have had things to do other than blog. Amazing! Click on the photos to get a better look - there are some doozy's in this post!

I had a lovely weekend. We had decided that on Saturday we would either go to the beach or the Boston Museum of Science. Well it was cold and windy and yucky outside so the museum won! It was great fun, and I especially enjoyed the Planeterium. I can now tell you why Pluto is no longer considered a planet. (Actually I'm still a little confused on that one, but it seemed to make sense while we were watching it!) This is the kids and I in the Planeterium...

So on Sunday I was woken up at 4am by my daughter who had been just dying to give me the presents she had made at school. I sent her back to bed and opened her goodies at the more respectable hour of 6am! Yes I know, still early but she was about to burst if I didn't open it!

Here is a picture of the goodies that awaited me inside the bag....
Perhaps you are wondering what the rolled up pink paper is? This became the best part of the whole day...(you should definitely click on this photo to read it!)Oh yes bless her soul for declaring that I am 80 pounds! I have taught her well :) Oh and that I am 12 feet tall. Boy I must be some tall skinny chick!
And I am so glad she thinks I look funny when I run. This pink paper is a keeper for sure!

Not to be outdone, my 4 year old boy decided to get in on the act and quickly pulled together a present for me. I couldn't help but wonder what he had put inside the bag...(sorry about the blurry pic :) )
Aaaaahhh an old pencil with the lead chewed off. Perfect!! His thoughts certainly do count :)

And what would Mother's Day be without a loving card from your hubby expressing his appreciation for you?! He had told me I should go back to bed and lie down. I thought oh how sweet - he wants me to relax and he's going to take care of breakfast, and getting the kids ready for church, and I get a nice little break. So I got into bed and saw an envelope on my nightstand with the above card in it. THAT was why he insisted I get into bed, so I would find his card! And then I had to get up and do breakfast and get everyone ready. Gotta love 'em!! But the message inside more than makes up for his very man-like actions!
And as for my mother, she is so far away in New Zealand, but I did manage to call her and have a nice chat on her way out the door to dinner with the family. Boo Hoo yes I am feeling sad for myself - I miss the Sunday night family dinners they have! And now for a more natural side of my mother....Showing a bit of leg - woo hoo! Being a good woman catching fish to feed her family (hehe!) And jetsetting around the world (this was in Chicago) Doesn't she look fantastic for a 74 year old??!!
I love you Mum!

I hope you all had a wonderful day and took a moment to think of your mother.

7 comments:

Donna said...

I am glad you had a nice Mother's Day!

Nanette Merrill said...

How wonderful, thanks for sharing your family Joanna.

SO I'M Anna Fogg, an eclectic kinda gal said...

My right leg is 80lbs! I think....good for you giving kudos to you Mama, don't forget Pop in June! Or Hallmark. Sometimes I think these holidays are for them. Hey, your boys are BIG! Your homecooking is helping them to grow well.
~a

Purple and Paisley said...

i love the 80 pounds thing! lol...your mom looks like a wonderful woman...glad your mother's day was good! =)

Lisa said...

very cute gifts! Love the first photo of your ladies with glasses!

Marie Rayner said...

Great mother's day post Joanna. I especially loved the first picture. Your mother looks like a really fun lady! I Love you pressies as well. Ohh, how it made me long for those days of my youth when my babies made such things for me as well. Sigh . . . your husband is a real sweethert!

Anonymous said...

What a fun family you have! You are blessed! :)