Friday, April 17, 2009

Bloggers' Quilt Festival

To take part in the Blogger's Quilt Festival, held over at Park City Girl's blog, you need to post a photo of your favorite quilt. I have been thinking long and hard and just can't come up with a favorite! They are all my favorites for different reasons. Usually my very favorite is the one I'm working on at the moment.

So I decided to put up a favorite of my hubby's.
I made this house quilt for him when I was pregnant with our first baby and it was for his birthday. I knew I wanted to make him a quilt, but still being in the first year of marriage I didn't know exactly what he would and wouldn't like. I found the pattern in a quilt magazine and 'thought' he would like it but still wasn't sure. So what does a wife do to find such things out?? Why she leaves the magazine open to that page in the bathroom next to the toilet of course! Sooner or later the said husband will need to do his business, and when there's nothing else to read, of course he'll pick up the magazine, right?

Well you would not believe how perfectly this plan worked! It went EXACTLY according to plan. He came out one day showing me the magazine and raving about how much he liked that house quilt. So it was a done deal. Too easy.

It hangs in our bedroom right next to his computer. Going on 9 years later, he still loves it. Is it my favorite quilt? No. Is it my favorite quilt story? Oh yes!

Now hop on over to Park City Girl, and see the links to all the other fantabulous quilts!

31 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Very special quilt story and very nice quilt.

Trisha said...

LOL! You are pretty tricky! What a cute quilt (and so is the one on your bed).

em's scrapbag said...

Very cute quilt. The story is fun also. Oh young love!

Stephanie D said...

I'm with hubby--I really like it, too! And the stories make the quilts even more special, don't they?

Lea said...

Thank you for sharing a story behind the quilt. It's very beautiful. :-)

Anonymous said...

Funny story and a cute quilt.

Brenda said...

My favorite "Joanna quilt" is the gorgeous Sunflower quilt hanging in your living room. Now go take a picture and post it...some close ups of the fantastic sunflower centers would be an added bonus. Now go on...show off your stuff! LOL!

Robin said...

That story is too funny! Thanks for showing that cute little quilt, and for bringing a smile to my face. :)

loulee said...

Thats a great quilt and a great story. I like the quilt on the bed too.

Mark said...

What a lovely story, Your quilt is really nice too. I might just have to use your tactic's on my hubby!

Crispy said...

What a pretty quilt, house quilts are so heart warming. Aren't you the clever wifey LOL. Men are so easy to manipulate.

Crispy

Jocelyn said...

awww, what a sweet story. And a great hubby. Sounds like a keeper :-)

Emma said...

Cute quilt, nice 'trick', too!

Dorothy said...

The house quilt is lovely Joanna, and the story behind it is special.
Thank you for sharing it with us.

stitchinpenny said...

I love the story and that your husband loves the quilt. It is beautiful and special.

Quilt Rat said...

Very special for sure.......thanks for sharing. Enjoy the festival

Micki said...

Your quilt is very special indeed.
Micki

jacquie said...

great when you make the right quilt for someone special...great story, great quilt. thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Sweet quilt and story to go with it - so many memories with just one look! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Kathy - Pink Chalk Studio said...

LOVE your story and the quilt, what a great memory to have.

Mary P said...

Hilarious. I'll have to leave some hints around for my hubby!

Susan said...

Cute story. If only it were that easy for my DH but he never lacks reading material of his own.
I love house blocks and yours is so unique.

Janet Brady said...

I love both quilts, the houses and the purple bear's paw on the bed. Definitely one of the funniest stories I've read so far!

Unknown said...

Love your quilts, and I love the stories behind them

Unknown said...

What a wonderful story. It really looks great on that wall.
Teresa

Becky said...

Great story! You have to think like a man, sometimes. Love the quilt on your bed! Thanks for sharing your quilts with us!

Katie said...

I can see why he likes it. It's a wonderful story! :-)

Janet Hartje said...

Very clever way to find out if he liked the quilt! Love the colors.

Nanette Merrill said...

You are so tricky! The quilt is lovely

XUE said...

I'm smiling at yr sweet love story!

Kay Mackenzie said...

Way to go! I may have to imitate that strategy sometime. Darling quilt.