Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thrifty Thursday 5

It is 11.30pm New Year's Eve, but here I am, sneaking in my Thrifty Thursday post. Priorities!!!

I didn't get to any Thrift Stores this week. Something to do with things called Christmas....New Year's....kids home from school...the usual! But I do have plenty of recent thrifty finds I haven't shared with you yet! So just a quickie, here is a bag of buttons I got for $1 at a new to me thrift store.
I was driving past the local Senior Centre a few weeks back and on the sidewalk was a sign saying Thrift Store Open Now. You have never seen a minivan do such a tight u-turn! And it was well worth it to get all of those lovely old buttons.

Something else I want to show youn (not thrifted) is our new organizing bucket.
A friend/mother from our school makes them and I had her make me one for the kids for Christmas. It has been the BEST thing to happen to our home! No more kids running around saying, "But I can't find a pencil...", or, "Moooooom, Where are the scissors?! Yes you mothers out there have heard it all before from your kids! This bucket has single handedly made our home a little more peaceful. Amazing stuff!

Well it's time to turn on the TV and wait for the ball to drop. But first we have to explain to the kids (who are begging to go to sleep!) what the ball actually is! This is the first year they have stayed up for the big event. They even planned their own little picnic on the living room floor on my millenium quilt I made 10 years ago - I didn't even tell them to use that one, they chose it themselves!Happy New Year to you all and thank you for taking time to hang out here now and then and for all your kind comments this last year:) Big hugs to you all!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Joanna! Happy New Year! That bag full of buttons was a great find. Here's to some lucky thrifty finds in 2010!

Brenda said...

Happy New Year! I can't wait to see you....the last time I saw you was in '09. I can't believe it has been that long! LOL!

Gluten Free Store Ltd www.glutenfreestore.co.nz said...

Oh yum, I love those buttons! Happy new year to you and your family! :0)

prashant said...

I LOVE it!!!!! Bravo Bravo!!!

Work from home India