Wednesday, April 3, 2013

C is for CONTAINERS

If you haven't guessed by now, I kinda have a theme on this blog of mine - quilting - and yes this A-Z challenge will be in keeping with that theme. As such, today I decided to show you some of the containers I have around the house to contain things I use for quilting, plus a couple that are completely unrelated to quilting! I love love LOVE containers - plastic, metal, cardboard, whatever, I don't care, as long as it's pretty and does the job. Let's get started...

First up, a wicker basket in the living room holding some finished quilts...

A sewing basket I keep next to my bed with needles, thread, pattern pieces, a mini ruler and rotary cutter for squaring up while watching TV in bed...


 Flour and sugar containers in the kitchen (not quilting related but I love them!)...

 Metal tins, one vintage, one not, holding threads...


More metal, holding miscellaneous items - ric rac, zippers... 


Again, more metal... 


A very cute mini shopping cart holding vintage ric rac... 


Vintage (sensing a theme here!) hat boxes holding fabrics... 


Aha! A very non-vintage Kaffe Fassett shopping bag which I am IN LOVE with! Holding a current project I take places to hand applique while waiting... 


A wicker basket with my wool pieces, and a wire basket with my Kaffe fabrics... 


Plastic drawers holding my modern fabrics next to my sewing machine... 


Magazine holders which hold quilting magazines...OK, and Martha Stewart magazines too :)...

I figure if the things we make a meant to be beautiful, why not make the containers that hold our supplies be beautiful too?!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

So funny, I"m trying to declutter and the author says, Don't start containerizing things, you are just organziing the clutter. My place looks like yours, it's perfect! As quitlers, we have a lot of "clutter" but it's useful clutter. Love the flour/sugar tins,