Sunday, October 14, 2007

Creatively thinking...


I just had to share this adorable photo! It was my hubby's birthday on Friday (we celebrated it today however) and he hates it when I buy him presents. He would rather I make him something, so it's a challenge to creatively think of new things each year. This year, the kids helped me get a bunch of white rocks from our garden bed and we arranged them on the lawn. I got the kids to lie in front of them, and the above photo was the result! Got it enlarged to an 8x10, put it in a frame and there you have the best present ever for less than 10 bucks! Actually, less than $6 - what a deal! The hardest part was trying to get all 3 kids to smile at the same time. This was the best I could get. And my youngest has been carrying that doll around all week. He wouldn't even put it down for the photo! Lucky my hubby thinks it's cute.


I also have my pumpkin tablerunner/wallhanging all done. Binding finished and everything! We even used it tonight on our table. Of course the orange pumpkins are fabulous in our orange kitchen/dining room!

What with this quilt and all the framed pumpkins I posted yesterday, I am on quite the pumpkin kick! Hey I even made a pumpkin cake for my hubby's birthday cake...my youngest son thought the number '3'candle was edible and this was the result...gotta love nearly 3 year olds!

5 comments:

Mama Spark said...

I'm with him. It might have been pumpkin, ya know?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the bite out of the candle.

That would happen at my house, LOL.

FlipFlop Mom said...

OH WHAT an adorable BLOG!! I LOVE the picture and the RUNNER!! GORGEOUS!!!!

Unknown said...

Your kids are too cute! I would like to see the look on his face right after he bit the candle! LOL!!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

That's a champion picture for sure, and one the family will treasure over time. Beautiful kids. I love all the pumpkin quilts. They are suitable for the whole fall season, lovely for Thanksgiving.