Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"You should be famous!"


I mentioned yesterday that I hadn't really done any quilting since we bought this place over 3 months ago. Well today I fixed that! I am making a quilt for my daughter's school as a fundraiser. It was going to be something more elaborate but since I only have less than 2 weeks to get it done, easy is the name of the game! I need to trim up the edges, get a border on it and then layer, baste, quilt, and bind. But at least it's a start.

The kids and I spent a few hours this afternoon/evening in the new 'quilt room' and got this top done. Luckily I was able to get an old TV we had working with a DVD player, so they were happy! They dragged down their Wiggles couch and beanbags and had a great time. It gave me hope that I may be able to spend a decent amount of time down there quilting and have them be there with me, not getting into too much trouble!


I also got out my sewing machine (a Juki 98Q which I am IN LOVE with! You can see it above) and put up some quilts as well as a flannel backed tablecloth to use as a temporary design wall. It worked well and my daughter was completely amazed that the fabric pieces stuck to it! She was very impressed with the quilt for her school and said, "Mum, you're so good at making quilts - you should be famous"!!! High praise from a 6 year old!

Design wall area...

TV for kids...OK and for me too...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it GREAT to have your own sewing space?!?

I have a room in the basement and, like you, I have to make certain that my kidlets have something to do while I'm in there, LOL. (They're 7, 5, 3, and 2 and I homeschool, so they're all still home.)

It's so awesome to have a space of your own.

Samantha said...

that's a great fund raising quilt- and a great sewing space, too!