Sunday, March 30, 2008

Applique Cupcakes



I finally have my cupcakes up - complete with cherries! The cherries did have lovely stems but my youngest boy thought it would be fun to break them off so I used plain round cherries I had made instead. One day I might make some more stem-ified (yes I know I just made that word up!) cherries.

I am in love with the colors and fabrics in the cupcakes and it makes me smile every time I walk into the kitchen. It's hard to choose a favorite, however I am leaning heavily towards the one with the brown Kaffe fans on the bottom and pink dots on the top! Which is your favorite?!

Now I just need to do something about that atrocious circa 1960 light fixture!


14 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the cupcakes! How sweet! I also love the color of your kitchen. Perfect!

Suzy said...

Very cute cupcakes! Looks like they were fun to make -- and no worries about burning your fingers! LOL! :o)

Nanette Merrill said...

Wow they are lovely and the paint color is so pretty. They look so nice on the wall. Just a lovely room.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love them! They are so cute. I think the blue one is my favorite -- but they make a wonderful set for your wall.

JustCindy said...

Too cute! You come up with the cutest ideas.

The Vintage Housewife... said...

HELLO...YOUR THE WINNER!!!!!!!!! YOU WON MY SWEET VINTAGE APRON! I AM SO HAPPY CONGRATS!!!!!!! YOUR TID'BIT WAS AWESOME!

EMAIL ME YOUR ADDRESS AND I WILL GET THIS SWEET LIL THING OUT YOUR WAY...OOOOOOH AND HONEY I LOVE YOUR CUPCAKES!! CAT^..^

Marie Rayner said...

WONDERFUL! Just WONDERFUL! I love these sweet treats!

Anonymous said...

very cute cupcakes!! Love them! I am not too much of a quilter, but I have been working on it lately! come visit me sometime:)
katie

Teresa said...

Cute cupcakes. I like the one with the green bottom best, but they are all adorable. Great job!

Indigo Blue said...

What an excellent idea! They go very well with your walls! Will you take the idea further.

Lil_Birdie said...

I <3 your cupcakes , totally adorable :)

golo8 said...

Your blog is really interest and tends to make one chuckle.. Really enjoyed your instructions to appliqueing.. I love to applique, but only do it by machine.. I have been quilting for five years and it is very addictive... golo8 from North Dakota

Phyllis said...

Hi,

I just searched for cupcake applique to make something and discovered your blog. I like needlecrafts too and will be back for a visit.

It's nice to "meet you" :)

Amy said...

I just found your blog and I love your cupcakes!! thanks for sharing,