Saturday, March 8, 2008

Paint Day

Anyone remember when I talked about my obsession with all things teal? Well today is a very teal day. I have finally got around to painting my boys' room, and what color is it? Oh yes you guessed right. Teal of course! We bought the paint last year and when I opened it today this is the gloriousness (OK I know there's no such word!) that I beheld... and then after giving it a mix it became this...
I love the mixed color, but I sure do wish there was some way you could paint your walls to look like the unmixed paint picture! Of course I made it difficult on myself and decided to paint all the trim white, so that in itself has trippled the time. But it's looking good! I don't know how the paint dripping all over the trim didn't bother the previous owners.
My hubby said he wouldn't have bothered painting it either, since the boys' beds will hide most of it. But I will know it's done, and I will know that it looks good....even if it's hidden! At least the window trim will show. I just can't wait to have it all done and start decorating the room. Finally, after 8 months I will look forward to entering that room instead of avoiding it as much as possible! And best of all, it will be a room that my boys want to be in, and play in. Right now it's pretty much just a place to sleep. At this point I have done all the trim and cutting in, and there is just the rolling left to do. I will add an 'after' photo when that's done. For now, this is how it is...

4 comments:

Nancy said...

What a pretty color. I painted my laundry room today, but it was boring khaki.....although the name sounded great...Oregon Coast....

Unknown said...

That color is wonderful! I can't wait to see the room when it is finished!

Marie Rayner said...

Love the colour! I bet it will look fabulous when it's done!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Nanette Merrill said...

My daughter and our family love the Philadephlia Eagles. There color is a greener tealish color. My daughter has her room painted Eagles Green. It pretty overwhelming!! But I'm getting used to it. I told her when she moves out she has to paint it back to white or something!! Yours is a prettier color.