Monday, March 10, 2008

Exciting news!!


As promised a few posts ago (very last line of the post), I have some exciting quilt-related news! I have a little article published in the latest copy of the online magazine, Cotton Spice. It's an awesome magazine, and best of all, it's FREE! You just go here and simply register, and you have access to this latest copy of the magazine, just freshly out today, plus all of the back issues, and a ton of more fun quilt-related things. It used to be a paid subscription magazine and you would receive a copy on a CD in the mail, but now it's totally free!

And this isn't just a boring online newsletter type of format, this looks like a real quilt magazine. It has quilt related articles, free patterns, stories, and all sorts of fun stuff. So I strongly suggest that you register (easy peasy!) and you can see both the magazine, and my article! And no I'm not being paid to tell you this, I just really really love it!
Here I am telling you all about the mag, and I haven't even told you a single thing about my article!

If you go back here, and here, you will see my posts about making Monogram letters and framing them. Well Karen from Cotton Spice Quilting asked if I would do a little something for her magazine and here we are, and it's a wrap! I had so many people email me and ask me how to make these cute letters when I had them on my blog, and now you can have instructions, plus access to a great magazine. Did I mention it was free? lol!

So you see, I HAVE done a lot of applique lately, I just couldn't show it to you ;) When you see the letters C and J in the article, I made them to go in the room I just painted for my boys - one above each bed. Today I will hang them up and take photos.

Do you think I'm a little excited???

So once you register (as easy as entering your email address and a password) read the magazine and make sure you stop on pages 56-59 and have a little smile and think of me :D

10 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

Wow. That is very exciting. It is so wonderful to have your work recognized. Its just an amazing feeling. Congrats! You deserve it.

Marie Rayner said...

That's so exciting Joanna! I am just thrilled for you and am on my way now to sign up so that I can read your article! Well done! I have long admired your quilting talents and work!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Congratulations! I just went over there and signed up. :-)

Jo Raines said...

Hey, Joanna! My little eight year old (I have a 17 and a 16 and then. . .) is named Joanna! Congrats on your article and thank you for telling us about the magazine! I'm headed over there next. our list has grown so large I rarely get around to everyone but I hope to come back often to see what you're up to.

Sweet P said...

Great job on the article. I subscribed to Cotton Spice, but I'm happy it is free now. I may be making some letters later.

Unknown said...

OK! I'm on my way over there right now! Be back soon!

Anonymous said...

of course, I am so proud of YOU!! You surely deserve it. Love those letters for your boys, got to do one for Reon and moi, both together in the same frame...and you know I love that teal! Congrats to you girlfriend.
~a

Teresa said...

I subscribed to the magazine and read a couple of articles. Your letters look GRRRRRRRRRrrrrrreaT!

JustCindy said...

Love the appliqued initials. Signed up for the magazine, it is great. Congrats on being in the magazine.

Purple and Paisley said...

found your blog through nanette's blog...thank you for the info on the free magazine...i'm going to go sign up now...=) love your blog...