Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lemons

Today I continued working on my new kitchen quilt with another block design. The first block was a bowl of oranges, but how could I possibly have oranges but not lemons?! So a bowl of lemons it was.


I don't think I'd ever bought a lemon until I moved to the US. In New Zealand you either have a lemon tree in or backyard, or you know someone who does. In lemon season they are given away by the bagful as they are so plentiful! So I have a definite affinity for lemons. Next I need to applique it all down, then move on to another design, perhaps a nice leafy vegetable. Suggestions are welcomed!

And onto something completely different, a rhetoric question for you. What do you have on the front of your fridge? And what do you think we have on the front of ours? If you said photos...kids' drawings etc, you would be wrong. My hubby has an economics final this week so what else would be on our fridge but this...


What? You mean YOU don't have an economic equation on your fridge?! I had no idea what any of it meant so I added an equation I do understand at the bottom...

5 comments:

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

I am loving these bowls of fruit. We have a lemon tree on our California backyard and I never buy lemons. I have a file just with lemon recipes in it!

Janet said...

I love your lemons and the fridge photo is a hoot. I have to buy lemons, the darn cockatoos eat the lot while the're still green.

Karen said...

From oranges to lemons. Good use of fabric design. I would have picked tone on tones and had a boring block. Your use of patterned fabrics gives it a fresh and unique look. I like it a lot.

Raewyn said...

Your lemons (and oranges) are gorgeous; I agree with Karen, your choice of fabric makes interesting blocks. My NZ lemon tree is full of fruit right now - and the mandarins too!

Unknown said...

The answer to your equation is Vanilla Ice. You rock.