Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Orange You Glad

I had an idea today for a new quilt to hang in the kitchen, and once an idea starts percolating in my mind I need to jump on it quickly while it's still fresh! I think it's going to have a lot of different foods, mainly fruits and veges that you would find in a kitchen. I decided to start with a bowl of oranges which is exactly what you'll find on my kitchen table right now. Though my real oranges are in a wooden bowl, I love the combination of a blue bowl holding juicy oranges...

When deciding on a background fabric to use, I found one of the Denise Schmidt pieces I picked up a couple of weeks ago. It's such a good quality cotton and 'handles' so nicely for applique. I think I need to go back and pick up some more!

8 comments:

Sharon Robinson said...

Very cute! Can't wait to see the rest of the blocks.

SO I'M Anna Fogg, an eclectic kinda gal said...

Gosh this is lovely! I had an idea to do this years ago, I can imagine an eggplant, richly purple, an artichoke & definitely strawberries...we should do this together...What block do you want me to do?? Is that too forward, lol!!

Jerri said...

This is too cute! I love the dots on dots on dots!

Elzaan said...

That actually looks "yummy".
Very nicely done!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

so cute. I'll be watching to see how the whole quilt comes together.

Barb said...

perfect for the kitchen. what a cute block! I love your orange fabrics.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Love this Joanna, will enjoy watching it grow, gorgeous colours too. xo

Shannon Gillman Orr said...

Love it! You have such great color tastes, the oranges look editable almost. Yum.