Monday, May 9, 2011

The Retro 4

I have 4 retro blocks underway now. The two in the middle are appliqued down, and the two on the outside aren't. I'm loving the juicy fresh colors of the kona solid backgrounds. Just what I need to work on to get out of the gloom of Winter and into the freshness of Spring!


I'm not sure how I feel about the applique fabric on the yellow block. It's one of Amy Butler's new Soul Blossom fabrics but I think it blends in too well to the yellow background. I may have to switch it out.

I just haven't had a lot of time to sew this last week, so thanks for hanging in with me through the lull in quilting. Between gardening (I did the first lawn mowing of the season today!) and school volunteer duties it's been a little busy around here. Tomorrow we get a new front door installed and I get an oil change for the car, so the busy life isn't ending any time soon. You wait until you see the before photo of our front door. It's not a pretty sight. I'm not even kidding! Come back tomorrow to see the transformation!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these mod boxes! I agree, I don't think the soul blossom stands out as much as the others on the yellow, but I still think they all look great!

Anonymous said...

Love these mod boxes! I agree, I don't think the soul blossom stands out as much as the others on the yellow, but I still think they all look great!