Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bags and Rosettes

Every Thursday night the youth in our church (ages 12-17) have activities at our church building. Tonight I went along to help the girls with a project. They are making bags to carry their scriptures in, and the way they are decorating them is sooo cute! The bags will be covered in fabric ruffles and have a fabric rosette pinned on like this finished sample...
Tonight we cut out the fabrics and made the rosettes.




Next time everything will be assembled. I think they had fun, and they were pretty excited when I asked if they wanted to be on my blog!

3 comments:

Dianne Mitzel said...

these are adorable, such talented young women...I know they loved making the rosettes and bags. A lovely way to carry their scripture.

Anonymous said...

Way to go girls...the rosettes are fabulous! I loved your color choices. I am proud of all of you for making scripture a priority.

Unknown said...

I just found your blog today and was clicking through all your post to see what you have. I was scrolling down and went right past this one and then back up adn thought that is totally a young women's project.
It is good to see that the gospel is trus and that the youth are stong everywhere. Have fun with your young women and tell them that they are an example to all.