Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The View

...As in, the view I've had for the last 2 days from my bed.

I did something to my lower back and can barely move so I've been in bed - the house is a mess, I've done absolutely nothing, and the kids have had to take on the bulk of responsibilities. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing!

But back to the view...

I couldn't stand doing nothing any longer, so tonight I started some embroidery with Perle cotton on the fruit and vege quilt. So far I've done one pumpkin...

Not sure how I feel about it. I thought I'd love it, but seeing it through a camera lens, I think it's a little too rustic for the clean lines of the applique. I think I might just pull it out and stick to what I do best - lots of quilting! And as soon as I can lift my foot enough to put it on the sewing machine's foot pedal, that's just what I'll do!

5 comments:

Elzaan said...

Hope your back gets better soon!
The quilting isn't bad at all - to me it looks good. Since the background is already busy, maybe plain quilting is just the thing?

Marg said...

I hope you are feeling much better soon too.
I don't think the quilting is bad either although it was fairly hard to see in the photos.
I started hand sewing when I was laid up in bed recently.

Elisa Black said...

Oh dear! So sorry to hear your back is out-- I hope you're feeling better soon. (Are you recovered from the eye thing a few weeks ago? Double whammy) Glad to hear that the kids are chipping in to help. You could always read your Kaffe book (unless you've finished it by now). Hope you're back on your feet very soon. The quilt looks great!

MB in MI said...

sure hope you feel better soon!

AnnA said...

Poor mama! Wish I could be there to cook for your family.

:(

Yes that quilt needs your Juki Touch! I know you have something else to get your hands on. The rice bag idea is brilliant. This year twill be a handmade Christmas. Some folks will be getting that gift for sure.