Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day at the Fair

Today I was a chaperone for my son's 3rd grade to a local country fair. It was a dreary rainy day, but talk about a fun time!

There were a ton of animals to pet...

Fair food to eat...

Junk to buy...

A circus with tightrope bicycle riding clown...

And yes, even quilts! I didn't really find any of "my" type of quilts, they were more traditional, but it was still lovely to see them in a country fair setting.

One I did like was very traditional, but the intricacy of it was amazing. Each individual square was tiny - just a half inch square...

I think I was more attracted today to the wool rugs - they were just beautiful...






The rugs were almost enough to make me a country prim fanatic. *Almost!

4 comments:

fiberchick said...

I want to take home the calf and the rugs... Looks like a fun fall day!

Katie said...

I'm pretty sure that's the Omigosh! quilt. I have the pattern but I'm not sure I have the nerve to start it. :-)

Tawny said...

Wow those rugs are amazing. Thanks for sharing all the eye candy :D

Elzaan said...

What a fun day!
Wow! Those wool rugs are awesome.