Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

I hope you are all having a great Independence Day! As I write this, I can hear fireworks banging in the sky outside. It was questionable as to whether or not there'd be fireworks tonight. Just an hour before dark this is what was happening outside our house...
We sat in the garage, set up chairs and a card table and played Bananagrams with the garage door open watching the torrential downpour and the kids playing in the rain. It did stop raining in time for fireworks though, so we crashed our neighbor's party and watched their fireworks, then watched the city fireworks. We have a perfect view of them from our street!

Some of my hubby's family is visiting from Salt Lake City so they got to join in the Bananagram fun too! We have a lot of fun things planned with them, but I'm still managing to get some quilting done. My tomato block is all appliqued down now.
I just have to do the strawberry block and redo the lemon block as it's the wrong size. So you haven't seen the end of it just yet!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Happy 4th! I happened across your site while I searched for applique
:-) I'm also in New Hampshire and yes it rained like crazy during fireworks! But it was still lot's of fun! Thanks for the inspiration... ~ Take Care....

FabricandFlowers said...

Love your tomatoes! Great fabric choices.

Tracey Dooling said...

I am not a quilter, but love your tomatoes!
Almost makes me want to quilt.
Thank you for sharing!