other day, I had lost the correct background for it. The background they were laid on was a different piece that was too small. I have hunted everywhere for the lost piece to no avail. I wasn't looking forward to trying to piece together another background like I did for the squash HERE. Two days ago we were getting groceries at a supermarket that happens to be next to Joann Fabrics where the Denise Schmidt background is from. (Denise Schmidt is the ONLY quilt fabric I buy from Joann's!) I popped in "just in case" they had some. I went to the aisle with her bolts and was so sad that they still didn't have any. Then I glanced down the the lower level of the aisle and just about screamed! It was there hiding with a bunch of completely different fabrics! 1.5 yards of it! Of course it came home with me, and now I have a new un-pieced background for my tomatoes!
Tonight I appliqued the tomatoes and started on the vine. You can see the difference in how the shape looks before and after the edges are turned under.