When I drew the little pictures of the flower/branch/bird for the bag I've been making this week, the branch with the bird seemed like a great idea. Then I cut it out and it looked like this...
It was just OK but I didn't love it, and I didn't think changing the tree fabric would make me like it much more. Plus it was going to be a pain to actually applique. The tips of the tree branches and bird would have to be appliqued to the other end of the bag after it was quilted and joined into a tube shape (as you can see in the first photo) and I just didn't feel like dealing with that, so being a woman, it was my prerogative to change my mind. Smile to yourself if you are now singing the Bobby Brown song in your head!
So now I'm doing another flower in its place, with the bird sitting on top, but I can't decide which bird and wing to use! I've appliqued the stem but won't get to the bird until tomorrow (Saturday)or Sunday, so you have time to let me know which you think works best!
By the way, the appliques look a lot better once stitched - the seam allowances you see in the photos cover up a lot of the design - plus there are a couple of extra little things I plan on doing!