Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Progress

I know I said I would do a tutorial on how to make the squiggly leaves today, but after just doing the third round of snowblowing for the day I am too tired! We had so much snow - close to 2 feet, so the removal of it took up a good chunk of my day. But on my downtime I did manage to make significant progress on my bag. I quilted it, made and quilted the round piece for the bottom, and joined the sides up, covering the seam with a binding.


I think I may be just one day away from a finish. Thank goodness. Instead of the song that never ends, this has turned into the bag that never ends!

I just need to applique the final bird and tree branch tip, then join the tube to the bottom circle, cover that seam with a binding, and decide how I want to have it close. Drawstring?. Zipper? Handle? Decisions decisions!

No comments: