Sunday, January 9, 2011

Make like a tree...

I am rather fickle at times. As proven by my decision today to bring back the tree! I loved your comments - they were so helpful. I loved the flower I had planned, and will use it on something else, but hearing that you actually liked the tree, I thought I'd give it another go. I had thought the fabric choice wouldn't change my mind, but when I auditioned the polka dot I knew that was the one!
I felt that the busyness of the old tree would get in the way of the leaves and bird shining, and sure enough, the plainer polka dot solved that problem.
Another great suggestion from you was to have the bird facing the other way. I really wanted my bird to face the flower on the other side, but it got me thinking...why not have another bird?!!I've only stitched up one side of the trunk and one branch, but I can't tell you how excited I am to get this finished up. Usually I'd do the applique one day, and put the whole thing together the next, and this feels like it's dragging on forever. Hopefully I'll have time to get it finished up this week!

3 comments:

antique quilter said...

its amazing the polka dots are perfect for the tree~
glad you added another bird! perfect solution.
this is really coming together, can't wait to see it finished, hope you find time this week.
Kathie

Caro said...

Good job! The polka dot fabric is much, much better. But, I have to say that the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Candace said...

It's looking so good. Your tree tutorial is still on my list of things to do and getting closer.