Monday, January 17, 2011

Old Project Discovered

We had a wonderfully lazy day at home today for the Martin Luther King Jnr holiday. Since it was so incredibly cold, (0 degrees F which for my NZ/Oz readers is MINUS 17 degrees celcius! Can you even imagine how cold that is???) we stayed indoors as much as possible. I was sitting on my bed and my bedside drawers started talking to me, saying, "Clean me! Clean me!" And a trash bag full later, the job was done. Believe me, this is a HUGE improvement over the before. I didn't think to take a 'before' shot, but this drawer (ok all 3 of them) was completely packed and overflowing with junk. And what did I find at the bottom of one of them but something that wasn't junk - 22 finished basket blocks and 2 more unfinished ones. I had forgotten all about these, so it was a very exciting find! I did a couple of posts about them way back in 2009 which you can read here and here.

So I took a few stitches in the one above (that counts for my sewing for the day, right?!) and thought, hmmm, I really should do something with these. My friend Anna designed the baskets, so Anna, I know you're reading this - what should I do with them?!!
Anna does not know how to write a short blog post. No matter how hard she tries, each post becomes a novel, but that's a good thing because she is such an interesting person and amazingly talented to boot!

2 comments:

Selvage Quilter said...

Your cleaning efforts were well rewarded. Now you have clean drawers and a new basket quilt almost finished. (Sort of.) So pretty.

Today I'm featuring your blog and your house block (the one with the polka dot trunk and branches) on the Selvage Blog. Happy quilting.

SO I'M Anna Fogg, an eclectic kinda gal said...

Alright, I am JUST reading this! Ok, what the heck? I can't write a short blog post? Alright, well tomorrow, umm....it is tomorrow, and I'm up late, I always go to sleep when it's tomorrow, but I am going to do just that. Write a short blog post. And - I am going to find my basket blocks, cause I got a heck of a lot of them too. And see, I can't even write a short dang comment post either!