Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Birds Birds Birds


Yesterday after I blogged about the 4th pillow I began to think about what I should do for the next one. I wanted to do another appliqued pillow, and I really liked the bird on the 4th one, so I thought hmmm maybe a pillow with just birds? So the idea of 9 birds came to mind and I got rather excited.

Then this morning while blog hopping I came across this hilarious video which totally mocks the overuse of bird silhouettes in the design world. Have a look...



Talk about funny timing! But even though it may be looked upon as passé in some circles, I still like the occasional bird, so the bird pillow lives on!

I have cut them out but haven't stitched or even basted any down yet. My sewing for the day was mending a hole in my son's sweater vest. Sometimes stitching actually has a practical use. I forget that sometimes

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am loving your applique! I'm a Portlander and we do indeed like to put a bird on it. :) Thank you so much for blogging the bag too! I am going to post about your post this week :)

Brenda said...

Hilarious...the video, not the pillow. The pillow is very cute.

FabricFascination said...

Despite the video (which was a riot), I like your pillow.