Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ticker Tape Quilt

Tonight I'm giving you a break from the re-do of my quilting space (which is almost completely cleaned up by the way!) and showing you some actual applique!I do love hand applique, preferably needle turn, but sometimes I just feel like doing something quick and easy on the machine. Today was one of those days. Enter the Ticker Tape mini quilt. People did a lot of these around blog land a few months back and though I admired them it wasn't until today that I actually started one.

I have a long skinny space on my wall of quilts that needs something, and I think this will be perfect. I have yet to finish sewing the shapes down, and then bind it, but hey I had to leave something for tomorrow!
Here is a tutorial already done on Sew Mama Sew by Amanda Jean of Crazy Mom Quilts if you would like to see how easy it is to make your own Ticker Tape quilt.

And just for fun, here is where my cat slept the entire day today...
Funny cat. Nothing pleases him more than a plastic bag.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

There is definitely a link between cats and quilters.

Raewyn said...

I really like your colour combinations on your Ticker Tape quilt - it's going to be lovely.

Shelley said...

That black and white background is genius! While I love the idea of using all those little scrap bits, the plain background in most has really turned me off. You've given me an entirely new perspective on ticker taping!

Beth J said...

I need to do one of these quilts, there are so many possibilities. The background fabric is great.