Sunday, February 20, 2011

Room Re-Do

My quilt room is driving me crazy! I remember being a teenager and my Dad telling me to clean my room because your room reflects the state of your mind. Now as an adult I feel that while that sometimes holds true, if I twist the saying around a bit to say a room can affect your state of mind, that it is more accurate statement for me. I can be happy and joyful, then walk into a messy room and feel sad, and that's how I've been feeling for the last little while when I go to my quilt room.

I made room in there recently for my 10 year old girl. She got a sewing machine for her birthday so now she has her own sewing desk and space down there. I love that we can sew together but she is even more disorganized than her mother! Doesn't look TOO bad, right? Let's take a closer look...


So some serious organization is needed, if for no other reason to set a good example for her.

Tonight that journey has begun. I had some shelving up in my kitchen which I took down last year and is now going up in my quilt room. I just have one piece up right now, with two more to go...
I got the idea from this blogger, Katy, whom I have met in real life! You can see in her post here how she used it, 5th and 6th pictures down. I saw it and thought hey I could totally do that! I hope to have a lot more progress to show you over this next week. For now, everything is moved to the other side of the room as seen here...ugh!
It can only get better, right?!

3 comments:

SO I'M Anna Fogg, an eclectic kinda gal said...

You're killing me here!! Come to DC next and do mine. I will cook for you each and everyday.

uma srinivasan said...

I too in the same boat,I have got the ideas to organise the sewing room,Thanks for sharing.
Uma
http://umacheenu.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Joanna,
Thanks so much for linking to my craft room post in your post today. You must have a ton of readers because it's sent a bunch of people my way. Good luck with your organizing. It definitely provided new motivation for me. It's just starting to get messy again, but I'm vowing to clean it fully once a month. (Just not today.) Anyway, I've been enjoying your blog for awhile, so I'm awarding you the Versatile Blogger Award here: http://adelaidelemonade.typepad.com/adelaide-lemonade/2011/02/versatile-blogger-award.html.

Thanks! Hope to see you at NEMQG one of these days. I haven't been able to make the last few. What about you?