Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Queen Bee

A couple of days ago I heard about the Sew Mama Sew pillow contest that is going on. I thought, oh great - I've made lots of pillows lately! I thought I'd enter the one with the bird sitting on a flower, then I read the rules and they said that the pillow must be created between Feb 1st and Feb 23rd. I looked at my blog to see when I made it, and wouldn't you know, it was on January 30th! Arggghh! So this morning I decided to make a new one. Keep in mind that today was the final day to make a pillow in order for it to be entered. I thought no problem - I had an idea and started to work on it. Wouldn't you know, it took me all darn day! I am totally in love with it though. It's the biggest of the pillows I've made lately, at 24 inches square. I'm going to have it on my bed and use it behind my back when I sew. I do most of my needleturn applique sitting up in bed, so this will be very useful for that.I think I might make a matching one for my hubby, but more of a King's crown shape, and call it either, "Worker Bee" or "Honey Bee"! Which would you choose?!

15 comments:

Sheila said...

What an original idea - good luck in competition.

Raewyn said...

This is very cool - is it all needleturn applique?? If so, that much would take me all week, not just all day!! have fun making a man one.

Elzaan said...

Well done on the pillow...and making it just in time! It is very cute. Good luck with your entry.
I don't think hubby will love being a "worker bee", so I will go for "Honey Bee", or even "Hubby Bee" :D
Elzaan

Miriam said...

Love your crown and the bee is very cute!

Shelley said...

Fantastic pillow! As for the hubby pillow, if it were my house I'd definitely choose "Honey Bee". Who wants to be reminded of work when they get ready to lay their head down to sleep?

Good luck with in the pillow contest!

Dresden Lane said...

This is adorable! I hope you win.

Sox said...

My vote is for "Honey Bee"

Beth J said...

That is so cool, and it only took you a day? Wow!

Shannon Gillman Orr said...

I love it! I would definately go with Honey Bee and a masculine crown shape.

Maja said...

I love it! Good luck in the competition!
Why not wright; my Honey bee is the Working bee;-)
Maja

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Katie said...

Honey Bee of course! Love your pillow. :-)

SO I'M Anna Fogg, an eclectic kinda gal said...

Honey Bee for sure. Or "Bee Sweet" because he is really a rare nice man.

Joanna, that pillow is divine! Love, love, love, love, love, love, love.
And adore it.

Brenda said...

YOu did all that applique in one day???????????? I'm taking you off my FB Friend's list!That's insane! LOL! And yeah, you can bring me my new pillow when you come over too. My throne needs a little shabby Chic to spruce it up, hahahah

Brenda said...

Oh, and I would call his the Honey Bee. =)