Saturday, February 5, 2011

Fabric Shopping

Today I worked a little on the wall hanging surprise for a friend that I talked about back here. Some of you said to use the yellow, others the orange, so I decided to use both! I'm going to make 2 the same, one for me, and one for my friend! Easy way to solve the problem, right?! Unfortunately I can't show you any pictures just yet, so instead I have pictures of some recent online fabric shopping I did.

Back in November I taught an applique class for the New England Modern Quilt Guild and they surprised me with a gift certificate to an online quilt shop, Hawthorne Threads. I had never shopped there before, and I am SO glad they got the certificate to that place, because after shopping there once, I will definitely be a repeat customer. And no they have no idea I'm saying these things about them - just so you know, I am telling you about them purely because I had a good experience, not because I am receiving anything from them, because I'm not :) OK that's out of the way!

I picked some fabrics, and then saw that they had scrap packs which sounded appealing. They have at least 2 yards of assorted fabrics for $11, and you can choose warm, cool, or fresh. They were out of the fresh so I ordered 1 cool and 1 warm. And here are the other fabrics I ordered...
My purchase arrived amazingly fast, within about 3 days, and I was so impressed with everything, and the scrap packs were fantastic! I guess I thought the pieces would be small, you know, scraps! But they were big - some of them were half a yard! Remember the appliqued bag I recently made here? The black damask background was one of the pieces from the cool scrap pack.

I will absolutely be ordering from Hawthorne Threads again - the website is beautiful and easy to navigate. The shipping was super fast, and best of all, the selection of modern fabrics is extensive and gorgeous!

2 comments:

SO I'M Anna Fogg, an eclectic kinda gal said...

As usual, your fabric choices are
aaa-maze-INg! Even your random scraps look heavenly. Can't wait to see what you make of this. ~a

Shannon Gillman Orr said...

I love the fabrics! Can I come over and just run my fingers over them! :)