Wednesday, February 2, 2011

One Lonely Bird

Poor wee bird all by itself in the middle. It's almost depressing seeing how plain and boring that one wingless bird looks! But this is how most applique projects start, and you have to keep the faith and remember your original vision! You can see his buddies patiently waiting on the side in a pile for their turn to get stitched down. Their turn will come!

In other news, I need your opinion. I am making a little wallhanging and need to choose a yellow fabric to use for the main applique, with the purple as the background. I can't tell you any more than that as it would ruin the surprise for the recipient! I think I'm leaning towards the brighter yellow. Or maybe the orange. I can't decide!

6 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I light the bright yellow best with the purple without knowing anything more about your project.

Nancy said...

I like the orange but then I just like orange in quilts.

Katie said...

Orange. But then again, yellow isn't my favorite color so I'm the wrong person to say. :-)

Shannon Gillman Orr said...

Brighter yellow for sure. BTW I love your little bird series.

Nancy said...

I like the orange on top...the others look dull next to that purple..

Sox said...

me likes the orange for some reason. Maybe it's cause I like plaid.