Friday, February 25, 2011

One Hour Friday

For One Hour Friday this week I decided to add to my placemat collection that I started back here. 'Collection' is a strong word, considering I still only had the original ONE! But hey, tonight I doubled my collection and now have two!

I'm going to make each one a different color, and tonight I went with blue. I found a leftover block from this quilt, and used it for the center. That helped to make this a one hour project. I love repurposing old blocks! Every other piece of fabric I used was straight from my scrap bin and randomly pieced together improv style.The other two things that kept it under one hour were simple zig zag quilting, and sewing it inside out and turning it through instead of using a binding.

I particularly like this curvy pieced bit...Two down, four to go!

3 comments:

meli B said...

Love what you have done. I do love a quick fix with no rules.

azsmith said...

This is the first time I have been to your blog, and I have to say that I absolutely love your projects, they are so bright and colorful and beautiful. I will be visiting often so I can learn how to do all of these beautiful things! Thanks again for driving through sleet and rain to Boston so I could meet you, and thanks for being such a good friend to my daughter!

Brenda said...

After seeing what you did in an hour I think I'm just putting my sewing machine on Kraig's list and calling it a day! LOL!