Thursday, November 18, 2010

The REAL Thrifty Thursday

You're all a bunch of enablers. Because of your comments on my last post, today I went and bought the other 2 chairs from the thrift store! I mentioned to my hubby that there were a couple more that I wish I had bought with the green one, and he said, "You should go get them!" Followed by, "I read the comments on your blog so you should definitely get them!" At least, that's what I think I heard. He might have said something completely different but all I needed to hear was, "you should" and it was a done deal!

So here they are sitting together in the living room. I am SO glad you are all such good enablers!! When I came home the other day with the green one I told my kids that there was still a pink and a purple one left at the store. My daughter said, awww you should have got the pink one for me for my room! So she gets the pink one, BUT it's hiding out in the shed at the moment. It's her birthday at the end of the month so it will be a surprise present. She came home today and saw the purple one and was so sad that I didn't have the pink one. I told her someone bought it. Which isn't a lie - she just doesn't know the person was her mother! Until November 28th, this is how it will be...
Thanks again folks - next time I really want something that I can't afford, I'll just ask for your permission, which I know you will all happily give, and then go buy it!!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

I would have bought them too, just for the fun colours. looks like they need a Kaffe Fassett print quilt on them. do you know where they came from since they're in such nice shape?

Chavah said...

Yaaay! I'm so glad you bought the other two. They are gorgeous! Your daughter will be so happy :D Sorry for being an enabler lol :P What an awesome hubby for saying to get them hehe.

Elzaan said...

You go Girl! Glad you bought the other chairs. Did you notice that the pink and purble both fit with the green cupboard...
Elzaan

Sunnybec said...

Your daughter is going to be so happy when she finds out it was you that bought the pink one, I love surprises but I also love to surprise other people just as much. Can't wait to hear about her reaction. Linda

Shannon Gillman Orr said...

Alright! These are awesome! W have to go thrifting tigether before I move, you always find cool stuff. Then again I dunno if buying more furniture before I move is wise...perhaps after to decorate the new-yet-to-be-known space. Haha, anyway I LOVE these!

Sharon said...

LOVE the additions! Super cute.

SO I'M Anna Fogg, an eclectic kinda gal said...

The best! Can't you see these in Kaffe's house? And I saw Kaffe yarn at the LYS the other day, my budget was shot but I will be back to get it. Of course, the colors are luscious, delicious! And no doubt, you know it's one of the most expensive yarns in the whole dang shop. Love ya! ~a

izzy said...

Aww...that's a nice surprise. How old is your daughter? And how was her response? =D