Friday, January 18, 2013

New Space

A couple of months ago we decided it was time our boys had their own rooms which meant our daughter had to move into...wait for it...my quilting room. Boo! I did however give up my room, and moved to the other side of the basement. My space is now under the stairs a la Harry Potter!




I have about 1/3 of the space, but you know what? I love it! It forced me to reorganize, minimize, and ditch a lot of junk. The best thing is the lighting - my old room only had lamps for lighting but now I have ceiling lights! Yippee! I finally put up all  my little quilts behind where I sit and it's starting to feel like a great space. A nice new chair bought by my hubby as an early Christmas present doesn't hurt either!
  My old quilting room works so much better as a bedroom. Beware - you are about to enter the domain of a 12 year old pre-teen...
Eventually we'll make the basement look fabulous - new paint, new flooring, baseboards etc, but for now I'm glad to still have my own space.

7 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

So glad you are still able to have you own space. Aren't pre teen girls so much fun?

Nina Marie said...

I want to encourage you though - over the years I've had to move my space twice - once I out grew our sitting room off our bedroom - now I've been in my sewing room off our familyroom for 12 yrs while I watch our daughter grew while I sewed - now that she's a teen - I'm taking over the front parlor where I finally have a nice big usable space - only took 20 yrs of quilting! We start renovations next month~

Quilt Station said...

looking good Joanna, congrats on your new domain :-)
Margaret

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Looks like great space and the wall behind is beautiful!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I can only dream of boys sharing the same room! That could not happen here...that would be like a volcano in Ohio...YIKES!

I've always had my space in the basement. Ours is finished so that is good...and I like getting away from everyone to have some time to myself.

Congrats on your new space and on getting rid of stuff you don't and won't use! I love the wall that you photographed and you've inspired me to decorate mine too.

Smiles,
Kelly

Josie said...

Love your new craft space. It's great to have good light when you are working. Production is bound to go up now! ;o) Love the wall behind your chair.... so pretty and colourful.

Angie in SoCal said...

What a nice new space! I love your display wall so colorful.