Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Splurging on Fabric

Every now and then a girl just has to spend some money on something completely frivolous and for nobody but herself and yesterday was one of those days for me.

I had all 3 kids in school so I drove 20 mins to the nearest quilt store (yes the nearest one is that far, and in another state!) with the intention of spending a bit more than I did. I would have bought more but the store is mainly a country prim store and I'm more of a modern fabric gal myself, but I was still able to find some good stuff which they packed in this cute bag...Want a peek inside?Best of all is they had Kaffe and Brandon fabrics and they were 30% off! That was both good and bad for me. Good because it was a bargain, but bad because they are on sale as the store isn't going to sell them anymore. I also couldn't resist those red leaves and the new Bonnie and Camille polka dots!

I have wanted some of Kaffe's shot cottons for a while now and luckily they were on sale too. There's nothing like seeing them in person and seeing the colors change as you hold them in the light. I can't wait to work with them...The Kaffe fat quarters were also on sale...Anyone want to open a quilt store with bright modern fabrics, say, 5 mins from me? I promise I'll be your best customer!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do I see more BRIGHT Red with pink in these prints?r

Blogless me said...

You were so lucky - the fabrics are gorgeous! Do you have a web address for this shop?

Amy said...

very nice fabrics. I hear ya on modern..

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

Oh man, beautiful fabrics! I can never resist sales either!

http://thankfullga447 said...

Last week I did it myself, went to LQS, I have 4 of them within 20mins from my house. My husband wants a quilt, have to do it but I did not have the colors he wanted in my stash. Need to stay home now for awhile. Hopefully 3 months.

SO I'M Anna Fogg, an eclectic kinda gal said...

Aaahhh. Sighhh. Whoaaa. Lovvvve. Those polka dots. The Kaffe stuff. You made excellent choices. Camille and who? I got to find dem polka dots online. Oh, maybe I can call the shop? ~a

Poker Software said...

It is easier to tell, than to make.