Saturday, September 10, 2011

Batik Quilt

I few months back I was commissioned made a teddy bear and a quilt for a cousin of mine, and they liked it so much I'm making two more! I'm under contract and am not able to show you everything finished - which is OK since none of it is finished yet - but I have a sneak peek at one of the quilts I've started. It will end up being 36 inches square, so this is just the first few rows. She wanted it done strippy, with lots of green and blue batiks with a little berry coloring thrown in for good measure.
So far so good! I think I'll add some applique once it's all pieced. She mentioned unfurling fern fronds, and I think that would be beautiful on it! I don't think my cousin realized the massive amount of batiks I have stashed away, and she ordered some absolutely beautiful batiks which were sent all the way from New Zealand, but they have NZ motifs on them and I'm in love! I haven't worked with batiks for a long time (hence the healthy stash!) and it's been fun to pull them out and play with them.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

You are the Mistress of Color! The piece looks amazing, I am certain it will exceed their expectations. Hope you can share pics of the completed piece once it has been delivered. It's sure to be stunning.