Tuesday, May 10, 2011

When One Door Closes...

...it closes smoothly! I am beyond excited that we got a new front door and storm door today! We've put up with our storm door missing the bottom half and the cats scratching the front door to death. Not to mention that the door was original to the house and terribly energy inefficient. The threshold had also expanded over the years (before we bought the house) so much that you needed to use a lot of pressure just to close the door. What a difference! Why didn't we do this years ago? Oh yeah - because it's not cheap!




And on the sewing front, thanks for the feedback on the yellow block. I'm glad I wasn't imagining that I had the wrong fabric to go with the rest of the blocks. I decided to still applique it down, as I really like it, but I will use it by itself and not as part of the finished quilt.

And now, just for fun - look what I found on the toilet seat this morning...


Yes that would be kitty paw prints. Their water bowl was empty so they just found the biggest water bowl they could instead!

2 comments:

Tim said...

I like your new doors. We also picked the simple design. When we had cat few years ago, she was also scratching the hell out of the doors. Then we bought some spray (can't remember the name) and spray the doors and our cat never touched the doors again.

Shannon Gillman Orr said...

Hooray for new doors! I love it, although I'm a little sad to loose the red one...but only because of it's color.